‘Motivation’ is a fashionable word at the moment. Like ‘empathy’ we use it without really thinking about what it means. There’s a gap between theory and practice. Motivation is universal but it’s also incredibly personal. What motivates you is what keeps you going, animado y con ganas – in all aspects of your life.
We can pursue motivation by manipulating our thoughts and actions. So, avoiding Maslow’s hierarchy and other studies, I would like to suggest 12 daily doses of motivation that work for me. Some of them are overlapping, and they are not in any order:
- Being creative – in my case, writing, singing or composing…
- Making a difference – Wow, what I’m doing actually matters!
- Making someone smile, laugh, happy, enlightened…. Subidón.
- Spending time with friends or family. Content feeling.
- Conversation with someone you admire. Admire has a multitude of meanings…
- Attention and recognition. We’re human.
- Physical activity. Energy!!!
- Tonterías and laughter. Endorphins to the max!
- Getting things done. List is ticked, objectives reached…
- Being entertained, inspired, learning. Music, books, films, conversation etc
- Looking forward to something! Key to getting through duller moments.
- Doing something difficult. I DID it! I couldn’t before, or at least, I never tried..
What motivates you?